...

...

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Raw Milk? Yes, Please

Rich, tasty, creamy, fresh.  Four words that aptly describe raw milk.

There is a lot of controversy out there about raw milk, and I'm not going to get into it all, because you can easily find that on your own (just search "raw milk" and you'll find it).  But in my experience, raw milk is nutritious and delicious, local and extremely satisfying. It is something worth drinking.

I am fortunate to have 2 raw milk dairies in my town, conveniently located on my way to/from work.  While getting ice cream at one of those dairies last night (strawberry chip and Hadley grass from Flayvors of Cook Farm), I saw this poster on a wall.  Nicely done with good infographics, it's worth a look.

The poster is published by NOFA (Northeast Organic Farming Association: Massachusetts Chapter), which also has information on raw milk on their website.  They have also published an informational pamphlet on raw milk, which you can access here
One thing to point out: raw milk helps dairy farms remain sustainable and economically viable, keeping nutritious food available locally -- an important piece in my efficiency, sustainability, and productivity goals.

If you've never tried raw milk, I encourage you to give it a shot.
If you are looking for someplace to buy raw milk in Massachusetts, look at the list here.
If you are outside Massachusetts, you can start locating resources for your state here.

No comments: